Achilles tendon ruptures are quite dramatic when they happen. There may be an audible snap heard at the back of the leg. Videos of it occurring are all over YouTube and it mostly occurs in older athletes and in sports such as tennis or basketball where there is a sudden explosion of effort. There is certainly a loss of power and you can not raise up on to your toes. Some drugs can cause an Achilles tendon rupture or predispose to it.
Achilles tendon ruptures are usually treated conservatively with a walking brace or with surgery. All the research between the two approaches points to the long term outcomes between the two approaches being about the same, so the treatment is going to come down to your preferences and the preferences of the consulting physicians as to which is best for you. The research shows that the sooner you get back on your feet the better with early weightbearing regardless of the method used to treat it, you will do better over the long term.
- Features a durable, semi-rigid shell that helps support the limb while providing full-shell protection
- SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates shock, while the lightweight and lab-tested rocker sole combine to encourage a natural gait
- Quantity and Size: you will receive 2 pairs of fracture boot socks in white color, each pair of socks is about 21.65 inches/ 55 cm in length, the one size fits most people, and the quantity is enough to meet your use and replacement needs
- Cotton Material: the orthopedic boot sock liner is made of cotton material, which is elastic and flexible, comfortable to wear, friendly to skin, washable and reusable, can be worn with confidence
- Allows you to inflate and deflate the air cells of your brace, support, or boot, which ensures a proper, comfortable fit
- Ergonomic design of this hand bulb air pump makes it easy to use
- Keep your Aircast FP (Foam Pneumatic) Walker Brace / Walking Boot like new with this replacement foam liner and insole
- Lightweight lining can be hand washed with a mild detergent; simply allow to air dry
- Peter B. Brace (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Kevin Durant Achilles Tendon Rupture
O’Brien Needle Test for an Achilles Tendon Rupture
Achilles tendon rupture (over 100 abstracts of research on Achilles tendon ruptures)